Monday, September 23, 2013

It's in the Bag!


This week, I'm working on gift bags for the volunteers at PATCH by Design.  PATCH, Potential Achieved Through Creative Horsemanship, is a small therapeutic program for kids who love horses.  In October, we are hosting our first Horse Expo for the kids to show-off their skills!  After the show and pitch-in dinner, we will give out awards and thank you's in a casual ceremony style!  It should be a lot of fun!  To learn more about the program you can click on PATCH.  Anyway, I want to honor the wonderful volunteers who help me so graciously every week.

I, of course, checked the Heart 2 Heart challenge this morning and it was Alphabet Soup.  Interesting challenge, you can check it out and play along by going to Heart 2 Heart!  I was then inspired to use the font cartridges for the bag ~~ perfect since many of the words/phrases fit the occasion!

This bag was cut from the CTMH Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge.  I used Kraft paper for the bag.  The orange cardstock was from the CTMH Dream Pop paper pack.  I believe the green cardstock is Sweet Leaf.  I inked the CTMH Poster Tidings Fall stamp with Sunflower, Barn Red, New England Ivy, and Pansy Purple. (I think Pansy Purple is comparable to Smokey Plum, but I'm not sure of that.  I've been using CTMH for quite a while, so some of the names of colors have changed!  That is another thing I love about CTMH products; the inks last for what seems like forever!  My sister was commenting about how they don't dry out like many of the others.)  I embellished with some ribbon from my huge bag of odds and ends and some tissue paper.

My two different fonts were the first half of the Fall Poster Tiding and the little thank you on the side from the Art Philosophy Bundle.

I'm looking forward to filling the bags with some goodies and sharing them with my incredible team!  They really are a great bunch of horse people!

4 comments:

  1. What a neat treat for some great people! The program sounds very cool. Thanks for taking the H2H alphabet soup challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Haley! They really are incredible to give up so much time for the kids and horses! But then again, the kids and horses are pretty special, also!

      Delete
  2. Awesome project and great way to say thanks to your helpers.Thank YOU for playing along with the H2H challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Carol! I enjoy "hanging out" at the H2H site; so many great ideas!

    ReplyDelete