Monday, November 30, 2015

Horses Rustic Christmas.....Wait Reverse That!

Christmas Rustic Horse


I was inspired by a few challenges, the first being the challenge over at The Card Concept.
 That picture is so beautiful and I was inspired by the colors, rustic beauty, the horse picture, and the plaid chair.

I started by making my own plaid to go with the colors over at Color My Heart this week.  Cranberry, Fern, and Cashmere with Cocoa, Black and White.  I didn't have any Cashmere so I subbed in Champagne.

Next I grabbed scraps of cardstock, paper, twine and burlap from my desk; they were all scraps from another project!  Love it when that happens!  I printed the postcards, inked my edges and burlap and finally did a reverse image of my horse stamp......that's where the video comes in…..oh and the title of this post!  ; )


Material List:

CTMH Cardstock/Papers:  White Pines, Champagne, Cocoa Fundamental, Daisy White
CTMH Inks:  Cocoa Pigment, Fern, Shin Han Markers, Champagne, Cranberry, Memento Tuxedo Black
CTMH Embellishments:  Fern Twine, Red Enamel Gems
CTMH Stamps:  Horseshoes (retired), Universal Backgrounds (retired), Christmas Post
CTMH Cartridge:  Artbooking








My tidings are off to the following challenges:

The Card Concept:  I'm not really sure which style this would be.......Vintage, Freestyle Collage, or Mixed Media........Ok, I'm going with Freestyle Collage



Color My Heart; Cranberry, Cocoa, Fern, White Daisy, Champagne

Jingle Belles Rock:  Holiday Leftovers

Pile it On:  Use Red and Green

Thanks for coming by and visiting!  Cyber Monday starts today at CTMH and you can check out the specials under the CTMH Special Promotions Tab at the top of the page if you like.  Also, the new Planners should be available starting tomorrow!  That excites me... I love planners!


10 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I was looking at watercoloring tutorials to get my card in Heart2Heart and saw a similar reverse technique. What is the tape that you used couldn't clearly read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duck mailing tape is the tape I used,,,just what I had in the house!

      Delete
  2. I love the warmth and textures on your card. Lovely work! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Katrina! I love how you used up scraps left on your craft table to create such wonderful textures. We are so glad that you are a regular player at the Color Dare!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow! this is awesome!!! what a truly ♥LOVELY♥ and personal card, not to mention a great use of your "holiday leftovers"! thanks for joining our festive feast at JINGLE BELLES! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great rustic card for Christmas! You did a fabulous job creating the plaid, too. Thanks for,joining us at Color My Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Love all the layering and the textures. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card! Love horses, too! =)
    Nice to see you at The Card Concept!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am lovin' all of those layers ... so very glad you joined us with your holiday leftovers at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely layers, Katrina. A really great way to incorporate your love of horses into a Christmas card. Thanks for taking the Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete