Saturday, November 21, 2015

Snow Outside, Leaves Inside!


Wow, it's snowing outside!!  Yes, here in Indiana, it's really SNOWING outside!  Here at ScrappyHorses, we haven't even winterized the barn or trailers yet!  Yikes!!  So, as I'm sitting here watching the CTMHCreativelive broadcast, my guys are busy working outside!

Anyway, as it's snowing outside, I'm still seeing fall and leaves in the craft room!  This image is from Whimsy Stamps....yes, I do have some stamps that are not CTMH.  When it comes to horses with little girls I can give red hair, I have to have every stamp I find!  ; )

The beautiful leaf cuts are from the CTMH cartridge Artbooking.  These are such sweet little leaves.

I want to share a cheat with you!  I'm not a "colorer"!  So what I like to do is scan my stamped image into Design Space 2 times.  The first time I scan it in a square or rectangle style.  The 2nd time I have it cut the main image; in this case it was the little girl, her foal and the falling leaves.  I color the entire background by sponging with inks.  Then I color the actual image using sponges, pencils, markers, etc.  Once thee image is colored, I glue it to the background.

Someday I may take an actual coloring class and learn to blend with markers, but until then, I'll cheat anyway I can!

Material List:

CTMH Cardstock/Paper:  Sangria, Pomegranate, New England Ivy, Desert Sand, Kraft
CTMH Embellishments:  Burlap Ribbon, Baker's Twine
CTMH Inks:  Pomegranate, Sweet Leaf, New England Ivy, Chocolate, Poppy, Honey, Sky, Barn Red, Sunset
Coloring:  CTMH Shin Han Markers, Copics, CTMH Water Color Pencils
Gold Ink, button from my stash


This little sweetie is kicking' up leaves on her way to these challenges:

Bitten by the Bug 2:  Leaves
613 Avenue Create:  Anything Goes
Simply Papercraft Challenges:  Anything Goes

Thanks for coming by today!  Hope the weather is beautiful where you are and your day is full of fun!  You are so welcome to check out other posts and pages, see what's new on the CTMH Promotions Page, leave me a comment/question/request, link to videos, etc.

4 comments:

  1. Adorable creation! I like your wonderful western themed projects! Thanks so much for sharing them with us here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you sure fooled me...sure looks like coloring to me just different medias. Card looks great. No snow here yet either lol ... in the high 70's today. Check my last creation out...all personally designed through Cricut Design Space using all kinds of the available techniques, you would be proud of me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Katrina! Hope the winterproofing is all done now!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a big snow here in Illinois, also. Unusual to have the first snow be 6 inches. I love the little girl with her pony. You did such a great job with her. Nice cheating, lol. The leaves are so pretty and love the papers and flourish. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete