Sunday, July 10, 2016

A Little Shakespeare Today

Let's start off with this:  I am not a literary expert in any way, shape or form.  Truth is, I have some dyslexic tendencies and reading was never my strongest subject.  So, I know this quote from Willy Wonka saying it to Charlie in the movie; however, it is originally from Shakespeare's work The Merchant of Venice.  The word 'weary' was actually 'naughty' in the original quote.  

Ok, now that we've studied some literature, let's get back to the piece I made for the Progressive Challenge over at Outlawz Challenges.  Every month we are given a digi to use and this month our digi is generously donated by Laurian.

(Ok, I hear you asking, "How do I get a free digi to play?"  Oh, it's easy; follow this link and join Outlawz.  Then join the progressive challenge.  While you're over at Outlawz, you'll notice several other challenges to play!)  Back to the piece now.....

I started by printing the image and sentiment on cardstock.  I then sponged my background with Slate, Glacier and Honey Inks.  The image was done in watercolor pencils.  

Material List:
Image from Laurian
Sentiment from Shakespeare (or Willie Wonka, hee hee) typed in Bodoni 72 Smallcaps
CTMH Cardstock/Paper:  Daisy White,  Kraft, Urban
CTMH Inks:  Slate, Honey, Glacier
CTMH Twine (retired)

Thanks for coming by today!  Not much longer until the new products from CTMH are revealed!  August 1 the new Idea Book is released and I'm so excited to share projects using the new products.  Stay tuned.........



No comments:

Post a Comment