Thursday, July 14, 2016

Little Rustic Blue Jay



Well, it certainly has been a hot, humid summer over most of the US.  I can't say this is weather I enjoy......truth is ~ I hate it!  I want to be outside riding horses, but it's just to dang uncomfortable.  However, the wildlife seems to enjoy it.  There are more birds, rabbits, squirrels, chipmunks, frogs, etc than I've ever seen out here!  

I guess watching all the wildlife, along with a couple of challenge blogs, inspired this Blue Jay card I made for my dad.  Wildlife is fun to use since the background papers really set the tone for the project.  I find it's easy to "pretty them up" for ladies or choose a more rugged look for the guys.  Of course, we can always choose a neutral look for family occasions.  

Material List

CTMH Cardstock/Paper:  Black, Colonial White, Jackson (retired), Penelope (retired)
CTMH Inks:  Cashmere, Gypsy, Chocolate, Flaxen
CTMH Stamp:  Wonderful You (retired)
Embellishments:  Durable Studs (retired), Darice Twine

My little Jay is flying off to the following challenges:

613 Avenue Create:  AG with optional twist ~ Use Birds or Feathers or Both
Outlawz Paper Ala Mode:  Getting Back to Nature

Thanks for stopping by today!  Feel free to hang out and visit other pages/posts, leave me a comment/question or message, shop the soon to be retired CTMH items, or check out my YouTube videos.  

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous Katrina! so beautiful! and those colors are my favourite!
    xoxo Olga

    ReplyDelete