Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Merry Christmas from ScrappyHorses!

Merry Christmas!

Ok, now what would you expect to see on my blog on Christmas Eve?

Homemade gifts are always so much fun to give and receive!  This one is such an easy make.  A horseshoe, some flowers from stash, a ribbon off a horse purchase in my stash, and cardboard!  That's it!  Well and the horse head from stash, also.  You could always substitute a button or another flower.

Now, possibly you don't have any horseshoes laying about.....  Hmmmm...do you know a good farrier?  Only kidding, you can usually pick them up at your local farm store.  I believe I got a size 0.  It really doesn't matter, you'll just cut your photo to fit the shoe!

Tractor Supply 1 pair for about $6

Back the shoe and pic with some cardstock (I used black) then back that with some heavy cardstock.  To make it stand, I used a 2 inch corner brace.  I bent it in slightly and glued it on with E6000.  Upon reflection, I think I would use a wider corner brace to make it a bit sturdier.  This one worked, but I just like things really sturdy!  You could probably find this at your local farm store, also!  

Hey, you can pick up your cat/dog/horse/chicken/cattle/goat/etc supplies while you're there craft shopping!  Oh, and don't forget, they have lots of candy there, also!  One shop stop!  

This gift idea is off to the following challenges: 

Moving Along with the Times:  Anything but a Card
Creative Artiste:  AG mixed media
2 Crafty Critter Crazies:  AG with a critter
TTCRD:  AG

Thanks for stopping by!  Make yourself at home and feel free to peruse other posts/pages, leave a comment, and/or check out my Pinterest and YouTube Channel.

4 comments:

  1. Great idea, I really like this frame.
    Thank you for participating in our Anything Goes Challenge at Through the craft room door this week. See you in the next challenge.
    regards
    Danka
    TTCRD
    Danki's creative passions {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creation...Thank you for sharing with us over at Moving Along With the Times...Hope to see you again soon..Happy New Year ..

    Caz MAWTT DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello… Thanks for sharing your lovely project with ‘Moving Along with the Times Challenge Blog’; it fits perfectly with our ‘Anything but a card’ challenge theme. Hope you can join us for our next challenge. Diane Louise (Team Leader) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. An original frame for a lovely gift. Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media challenge!

    ReplyDelete