Monday, November 24, 2014

Full of Thanks!



I'm sure many of us are thankful for so many blessings this holiday season.  I know I'm thankful I live in a country where we can celebrate in the manner we choose - whether it be secular or religious.  I'm thankful for those who defend that right for me.  It seems I turn on the news every day to see yet another sect of people attacked viciously for their beliefs.  Our country may have some issues needing resolution, but I am still thankful I'm here as I'm sure many of you are thankful you live in countries where you have similar rights.

Now, on to the card!  All cardstock/paper is CTMH.  The blue gems and button are from my stash.  I believe the folder is an Embossabilities folder.

Those gems, oh those little blue gems, are STILL left over from Katie's wedding.  They've been married a year and a half now.  I think those gems are multiplying!

The Baker's Twine is also from CTMH.  I had a question recently about how I keep the CTMH Baker's Twine stiff.  Ok an old candle is the secret!  Simply run the string over the candle and it gives it stiffness to keep the shape you intend.

Now, that mesh is from Menards; it is a drywall mesh.  I inked it over a piece of thin veneer and now it has the pattern on it.  That was set aside for another project.  The mesh is very flat and fold-able, so you can manipulate it how you like.

The leaf, half doily, and tags are from Art Philosophy.

The pattern on the Olive cardstock is made using the stamp below.  I used this stamp set for the sentiment as well.  The set is in the Pathfinding Cardmaking Workshop.  You can also find the pretty background paper along with other fun goodies in there!  I like this pattern because it incorporates so many beautiful colors!

All CTMH is from KatiesCorner!  Keep an eye out for some exciting additions coming soon to the CTMH line!  You'll be thankful you did!  ; )


This card is going off to the following challenges:

Bitten by the Bug 2:  Thanksgiving
Color My Heart:  See the pic at the right!
Fantabulous Cricut:  Give Thanks
Heart 2 Heart:  No Rules -- Yay!
Mixed Media Mojo:  Thankful
Pile it On:  Upcycle/Recycle -- Old button &  leftover drywall mesh
Sentimental Sundays:  Heartfelt Thanks


 As we begin our week of Thanksgiving and move into Advent and Christmas, I'm sure many of us reflect on our families, holidays past and dreams of those in the future.  My wish for all of you is beautiful memories that drive your crafting to a joyous level!


17 comments:

  1. Your card is just beautiful! I love that paper you used and all the die cuts that you used. What a fun tip about the twine, I will be sure to give that a try!! I agree with you, our country may have it's own set of problems but we are still a free nation where we can have our own beliefs and not be shot for it. It saddens me so to see all this terrible stuff on the news and with having a son in the military, I tend to shut the news off as I don't want to hear it at times. I wish we focused more on the good that people do and quit giving the bad their 15 minutes of fame. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving reflecting on your blessings with your family. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda, please thank your son for all of us! I didn't really understand military families until my daughter married into one. I am so thankful for all the men and women who serve their country through military service and those who serve us here at home through Emergency Services- law enforcement, medical, and fire. They are all heroes!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely post and a beautiful card! It definitely is a reminder to be thankful for all our blessings. Thanks so much for sharing with us at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card !!! The papers and design are wonderful !!! Thank you so much for joining us at BBTB2 !!! I hope you join us again , and wish you and your family a blessed Thanksgiving !!
    Hugs,
    Mayra DTM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful! Love all the textures you used, and the color scheme. Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card I love the collage of colors and textures! And yes I am so thankful for our country!! Happy Thanksgiving! Thanks for joining BBTB2

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are so many wonderful details in your card. I love all the textures and the pretty paper. You did such an amazing job on this card. Have a Happy Thanksgiving! I enjoyed what you wrote, so true. We have much to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card Katrina!!! I love all of the different colors and textures that you used!!! Thank you so very much for joining our 'Give Thanks' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What inspiring thoughts at Thanksgiving. Your card is beautiful too. I like the waxing of he string idea. Have a thankful thanksgiving! Thx for joining Bbtb this week

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Katrina! Just beautiful!! The entire card is filled with special touches and details that take it to over-the-top fabulous. I had to laugh about your multiplying blue gems. I swear my embellishments breed overnight because there's no way...no. possible. way...I have bought that many. LOL! Thanks for sharing with us at Color My Heart. We always look forward to seeing your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am soooo loving your card, Katrina! All of the different textures you incorporated are fantastic & so fun! I'm also a huge CTMH fan & I love that paper collection you used. It's just absolutely perfect for Fall. Thank you for sharing your awesome creation with us at FCCB!

    Diana ♥
    Leelee Card Designs
    FCCB Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card! I love all the layering and the textures. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a lovely card, and your bling and mesh give it an amazing texture and interest. The sponging draws your eye into the sentiment too, which is great to balance everything out. Thank you for sharing with us at H2H Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how that decoration over the sentiment looks like turkey tail feathers! Thanks for playing this week at Color My Heart. Your card is very pretty!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card. Love how you used the mesh and the gems. How special. Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful, Katrina! I especially love the cutout on the 2nd tag. So many nice accents. Thanks for sharing on the Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such aan awesome card Katrina, you do such grew work always! Thanks for playing along with H2H challenges.

    Brandi R.
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca
    H2H challenges DT member

    ReplyDelete