Thursday, November 6, 2014

No B&T!


 No B&T (patterned) papers were harmed in the making of this layout!  Everyday in craft rooms across our globe, beautiful patterned papers are cut, stamped, crumpled, torn, pierced, and/or glued all for our artistic pleasure.  But today, my friends, not one patterned paper was touched!  No, they are all safe in their packages and drawers to see yet another day of peace.

If you feel these lovely papers need to be saved for another day, you need to check out Heart 2 Heart's No B&T Paper Challenge.

Now, I don't know about you, but when I'm told I can't do something, I just want to do it all the more!  I kept reaching for patterned pieces the entire time I was creating this LO.  I resisted the temptation and found other ways to add dimension and interest.

First I started with Colonial White CS and created my own patterned piece.  I used stamps from Sweet & Lovely and Pick a Posey.  * Sidenote:  Anyone else note the spelling on that Stamp Set?  Anyway, back to the paper.  I stamped with Cashmere, Champagne, Flaxen and Colonial White.  

Next I went into Cricut DS and used the ornament background from Artbooking.  I cut that out of Colonial White, also.  I painted over it with white gesso mixed with Blush re-inker.  

 Ornament cuts are from ArtbookingArt Philosophy, and Celebrate with Flourish.  They are embellished with CTMH gems.  Glitter and heat embossing were also used to decorate these ornaments.

I used the CTMH Quatrefoil embossing folder as well as a Cuttlebug Swirls folder on the Pear and Ruby card stocks.  CTMH Blue Epoxy Bubbles adorn the lace from my stash.  The raffia ribbon was also laying about!

You have all month to play at Heart 2 Heart.  Please save your B&T for another day and join the challenge!

All CTMH is from KatiesCorner.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely, festive layout with plenty of detail, even without B&T! Thanks for joining us this NOvember at H2H challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your post, it sounds like a public service announcement! You are so right, tell me I can't and I want to even more! Your layout it awesome, great job! Thanks for playing along with H2H challenges.

    Brandi R.
    h2H challenge DT member
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete