Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Poster Tidings ~ Fall!


I love fall......I miss fall......I feel cheated out of fall when I look outside the past week!  I guess I just need to create fall in my craft room since we have gone right into winter.  It seems the retail industry forgets all about Thanksgiving as we start preparing for Christmas in September, but does the weather have to follow suit?  Next year will we have inches of snow and single digit readings in October and the following year September?  Yee gads!  I certainly hope Mother Nature doesn't take its cue from commercials on tv!  ;  )

Ok, I'll stop gritching about the weather and move on to "fall in my craft room" and describe the card!  I started with a piece of Crystal Blue CS.  I ran it through the embosser in the Cuttlebug folder Paisley.  I inked the raised portion with Champagne Pigment Ink.  

The patterned paper is from the CTMH Pathfinding collection.  To color my lace from my stash, I sprayed some of my homemade glimmer mist onto the CTMH All Purpose Mat and wiped it up with the lace.  (This bottle of glimmer mist is made of water, CTMH Chocolate Re-inker and CTMH Create a Shade Pearl Paint - sadly retired.)  

I cut leaves from Art Philosophy in various colors.  I inked them, curled them, and spritzed them!  I further embellished my leaf cluster with a bow made from CTMH Baker's Twine, CTMH Burlap, and a button from my jar of miscellaneous buttons!  The little blue gems are STILL left over from Katie's wedding!  I'll be using those for a long time to come!  The Bronze Shimmer Trim adds a little sparkle behind the sentiment.  

The sentiment is from Poster Tidings.  I cut off the top portion in case you're familiar with this stamp and wondering about it!  The ink colors are Crystal Blue, Topiary, and Autumn Terra Cotta.  


This card is going off to the following challenges:

Fantabulous Cricut Challenge - Use 3 embellishments & Cricut cut(s)
Sentimental Sundays - Brads, buttons and/or bows
Take Heart Ideas - Anything Goes use at least one CTMH item

Have a wonderful day.  Here's hoping you have some fall weather in the very near future where you live!

All CTMH is from Katiescorner.  Keep an eye on things over there, there are some wonderful new ideas, goodies, and deals coming!!  Yay!!

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful card-I love all the colors and textures! Thanks for joining us at FCCB Anything Goes this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is fantastic, Katrina! It is the true essence of fall & I love the color combo you chose! Thank you for joining us at FCCB for our "Embellish Me" challenge!

    Diana ♥
    Leelee Card Designs
    FCCB Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my this card is just stunning! I love that printed image and the way it coordinates so well with your papers, and the embellishments highlight it perfectly! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!!

    ReplyDelete