Friday, January 30, 2015

A Little Sunshine and Sarcasm!


CAS, CAS, hmmmmm.......oh yeah, clean and simple.  I remember now.  I haven't done much in that style lately......at least I don't think I have.  I have a skewed image of exactly what my style is.  I think I dabble so much I really don't have a style....or maybe that IS a style!  I don't know.  

Anyway, maybe this is CAS?  

For me, CAS is hard!  There are those immaculate white cards out there with a lovely sentiment on it and they are gorgeous.  Yes, I've tried that.  Cut the CS.  Great.  Stamp the image.  Super.  Adhere it to the card base.  WAIT!!!  Where did that smudge come from???  It wasn't there a minute ago.  Yee gads, now I need to add an embellishment.  Ok, still clean and simple.  Whew, saved..........what the..... I didn't smear that glue when I added that tiny embellishment to cover the smudge.  How did that happen.  Ok, I'll save it by removing this tiny...... crikey, I just tore it.  Think, think.....alright it's not a lost cause, I can add..........  

Before it's over, it's turned into shabby chic or something!  ; )

You get the picture of my attempt at a CAS project!  The color dare over at Color My Heart helped me out on this project.  Not much to say; it was pretty........simple!  

Slate Fundamental CS for the base cut with Artfully Sent.  The cut sentiment is from Artbooking and the sun is from Art Philosophy.  I stamped using the Curlicue Alphabet on Daisy White.  The hearts on the sun are from Whooo's Your Valentine.  I heat embossed them.  

And now for the embellishment list........(this is usually a long list for me) 4 little Epoxy Bubbles.  

I think this will be the Valentine for my son.  I think he'll like this since it borders on his school colors.

So, there it is and it's off to:

Color My Heart:  Daisy White, Slate, and Canary
StuckOnUSketches:  Warm and Cozy Die Cuts



Card closed



6 comments:

  1. I hear your pain. I have that happen a lot. But the card looks great and still fits cas style. Thanks for sharing with us at Heart 2 Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, and I love that your style is a little of this and a little of that! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

    Brandi R.
    H2H DT member
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was laughing about your CAS journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun post.......I know what you mean about cas, I find them so add to make. Your card looks great Cas and Shabby? Thanks for sharing it with us at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely sentiment for these gloomy days of winter. And your story sound sooooo familiar! Thanks for taking the Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun & Fabulous card! I love how you layered the sun on the cloud. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete