Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Seriously

Sometimes all the planning in the world doesn't prepare you for a 4 year old at a wedding!  But, that's ok because the sentiment says it all!  Life really doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful!  
This page was inspired by a few challenges:

Color My Heart:  White Daisy, Archival Black, Indian Corn Blue and Silver
Pile It On:  Hearts and/or Flowers
Sentimental Sundays:  Anything Goes opt New Beginnings (wedding)
613 Avenue:  Anything Goes 

Cricut Cuts are from:  Art Philosophy and Home Decor Vinyl Wall Art.
All fabrics, card stocks and paper (For Always) are CTMH.
Flowers were made from the wedding flower-girl petals and left over gems, beads, etc.  
CTMH Stamp sets include:  Curlique Frames, In the Background, and Seal-Love
The homemade stencil was cut from Pretty Pennants.

I made my embellishments, printed the pics, and
laid it out onto the card stocks.


After placing it all, I decide where I want my stenciling,
stamping, and made adjustments.  As you can see
from the final projects, I never stick to the
original plans!  

Close ups of the embellishments.  The little camera
is from the CTMH Base and Bling collection.
The blue flowers were actually used in the
wedding!

This fabric is from CTMH.  It was part of the
For Always collection.  The buttons were from
my stash.  The gem is also CTMH along with the silver
shimmer trim in the 2nd photo!   

This layout had a couple of "new to me" techniques.  The floral border on the blue was done by stenciling a tone on tone.  I've done this before, but I've not done so much of it on one piece to achieve a border.  I also did something a little different on the white page.  I stamped the flowers from In the Background stamp with Daisy White Ink.  Then I smudged over it with silver pigment ink.  This is a technique I want to experiment with further.  I liked parts of it, but other parts got a little darker than I may have originally intended.  I'm always learning; that's what is so fun about this for me.  Sometimes when crafting, I need to remember the sentiment on this page!  ; )

Thanks for coming by today!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout for a beautiful occasion! Love the little girl! The stenciled background is perfect and my favorite part. Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layouts. I love the details in the stenciling and the camera hanging off the pin. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful scrapbook layout! I love how your backgrounds really enhance the photos. That little girl is so precious! Thanks for sharing your lovely project with us at Color My Heart Color Dare!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marie! I agree about that little girl……since she became my grand girl that day! ; )

      Delete
  4. Great layout, Katrina. I love the stencil! Thanks for joining the Color Dare this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet layout and a wonderful saying! Very cute little girl too! Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful memory! She will enjoy these photos forever! Nicely done! Thanks for dropping this off by our house here at 613 Avenue Create! We love seeing you in the neighborhood.
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete