Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Summer Beauty



Time for a new challenge over at The Outlawz Twisted Thursday and the twist for our anything goes challenge is Handmade Flowers.  

This lovely image is Summer Beauty from Dragon's Lair!  I fell in love with this image the moment I saw it!  If you are enjoying the wonderful images this month, I invite you to also visit Dragon's Lair on FaceBook to request the image of the month and play along there!  

My page is all about a little health dilemma I am facing currently.  Hopefully, by the time this posts, I will have some long awaited answers.  It has been a long journey, and I must say art journaling has been great "therapy" along the way!  There are so many reasons we all craft, and I'm so happy I have this outlet.  

The page is part of my Wildwood Book from CTMH (retired) so I didn't have to do much to get that wonderful textured look!  I added some stamping and the title die from CAS-ual Fridays.  I also have some stamping from retired stamps in my stash.  

I added some papers from stash, Storybook Swirl Flourish heat embossed with some white powder and re-inked, Art Philosophy Flower die cuts with added beads and Liquid Glass, lace, ribbons, and a gesso'd clock button.  

Be sure to visit
 The Outlawz Twisted Thursday for all the details about the challenge and to check out all beautiful inspiration from the DT and participants!

My Journal page is off to:

Crafter's Castle:  AG with option of dimension
Ellibelle's Creative Moments:  Say it with Flowers
Paper Crew Challenges:  Rustic Florals
Words to Craft By:  Promise of April

  Thanks for dropping by today.  It's always great to have company!  Please feel free to peruse other pages/posts, check out my Pinterest,  or view some videos at my YouTube Channel.


10 comments:

  1. A beautifully designed page, gorgeous image and papers. I am sorry you are facing health issues :( Wishing all the best and hoping you received good answers.
    Thank you for joining in this month at my Crafty Wednesday challenge.
    Ellie
    "Ellibelle's Creative Moments"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katrina, I'm so sorry you are dealing with health issues, and I will be thinking of you with much love. I'm glad your crafting has helped. This layered card is delightful. Sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Katrina, I am sorry your having some health Issues! I will be sending positive thoughts and prayers your way for answers and healing! Your journal page is beautiful and I’m so glad you are able to keep crafting and that it helps! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you Katrina do take care each day at a time.
    Oh I do love your card for this week what a neat image and those soft colours are beautiful. Sweet flowers too. Big hugs to you Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katrina, so beautiful! Love the colors and that image...yummy layers... love it all! I think I have that book!! I wonder where it is....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katrina that is a beautiful page. The ribbons and flowers and image all came together perfectly. However I'm sad to hear you are having a little health delima....I will pray for you. Message me. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
    Hugs... Janie
    DT
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katrina, I'm so sorry to hear you've been experiencing health challenges, but glad to hear that journaling is helping. Your cards are lovely, and we appreciate you sharing with us at Words 2 Craft By. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. super card....great design... thanks for joining Crafter's Castle Challenges

    ReplyDelete