Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Watercolor Dragons!



Time for a new challenge over at The Outlawz Twisted Thursday and the twist for our anything goes challenge is Watercolor.  

Ok, heads up...I do NOT watercolor!  It's not that I don't find it fun, but it's just not one of my "fortes"!  I made a couple of struggling attempts and decided just to hang with it on the 3rd go and experiment with a Watercolored pencil piece.  Hey, that is what challenges are about, right?  They push us out of our comfort zone and inspire us to try something different!  

Now, I could have watercolored a background and pulled Copics for the main image....but I went all out and pushed beyond the discomfort and desire to do that!

This wonderful magical image is from Dragon's Lair!  He is so adorable sitting there with his butterfly friends!  If you are in love with this fellow, I invite you to also visit Dragon's Lair on FaceBook to request the image of the month and play along there!  

I'll see you next week, where believe it or not, I will watercolor AGAIN...
but a bit more in my zone!  hee hee  ; )

Be sure to visit
 The Outlawz Twisted Thursday for all the details about the challenge and to check out all beautiful inspiration from the DT and participants!

  Thanks for dropping by today.  It's always great to have company!  Please feel free to peruse other pages/posts, check out my Pinterest,  or view some videos at my YouTube Channel.

4 comments:

  1. If you keep playing, Katrina, you might just decide to love watercoloring! Your beautiful results on this one should be an inspiration to you. There are so many different techniques to play with. (I know, I did the watercolor background and Copic on the image, but I love the look of mixing color types on my work.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Katrina, I think you should definitely keep watercoloring! It’s always fun to see what you end up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so sweet! Love how soft the colors! The watercolors look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet image you have used to watercolour Katrina it looks so neat. I love doing watercolouring the colours come out so soft. Big hugs to you Andrea

    ReplyDelete