Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Life was Simpler in Black & White


When I saw the Black, White, and any shade of Green Challenge over at Color My Heart, I couldn't help but think of the old black and white TV's and the old sitcoms from my childhood.  I Love Lucy and The Dick VanDyke Show were a couple of my favorites.  Of course, I saw them years later in reruns as I'm sure most of you ladies did, also!

I remember the beautiful dresses and fashionable accessories the women would wear and all the polka dots.....and of course, PEARLS!  

Now, you might be thinking, "Sure, I remember, but where does the green come into play?"  Ah, I'm glad you asked! I remember when we would turn on or off the television, there would be this warm green glow.  I'm not sure if there truly was, or if I just remember it that way.

I suppose I'm feeling a bit nostalgic seeing as how I received my first AARP letter in the mail a couple of weeks ago!  Yee gads, couldn't they at least let me get through my birthday month?

I have digressed, as I often do, *sigh*....... back to the card!  The base was cut welding together Squares 1 and 2 from the CTMH Art Philosophy Cartridge.  My silhouette was cut from Sentimentals Cartridge.  I adhered the top layer to the middle layer and popped that off the first layer with 3-D tape.  I cut it lengthwise to accommodate the table and chair legs.  The pearls are CTMH Opaques Licorice and Pearl Adhesive gems; the paper is CTMH Daisy White, Black and Sweet Leaf.  I tied a double bow with ribbon from the 'bag o' ribbon'-- I really need to organize that someday.

Out to the barn now and then maybe I'll catch up in Mayberry over lunch with Andy, Opie and Aunt Bee!


3 comments:

  1. LOL! I'm not sure which I like better, your card or your commentary. I got my first AARP card a while back. Did NOT make me happy. I have YEARS to go, YEARS, I tell ya!! Anyway...darling card. Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart again, we always love seeing your inspiration. Oh...and I hope lunch with Andy, Opie, and Aunt Bee was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, we have way too much card stock in the bins to be thinkin' AARP!

      Delete
  2. What a great way to add the color on your card! I love seeing the green peek around the scalloped border. Lovely idea!

    ReplyDelete