Friday, November 15, 2013

Seeing Double White

Well the snow has already been flying in the midwest, so I guess it's time to winterize the horse trailer and think about winter activities!

The challenge over at Bitten by the Bug 2 is White on White and Heart 2 Heart is Seeing Double.  The winter weather and these challenges inspired me to think of ice skates -- white and there are two!

I started with CTMH Slate cardstock for the base.  I used a flurry type cuttlebug folder on CTMH Daisy White cardstock.  The skates are also cut from Daisy White; they were cut from the Winter Woodland cartridge.  I wanted to lace the skates with embroidery floss and silver thread; so, I cut off the laces on the cut.

They are hanging from a CTMH opaque silver gem.  I trimmed out the card with some white satin ribbon from the bag and a CTMH Floral Accent.

I am loving all the new accents from CTMH!  Check them out at KatiesCorner!

13 comments:

  1. Love this card - great work! Thanks for joining the BBTB2 challenge!
    ~Laura @ craftychickscreating.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty!! Love the skates and the great embossing. Thank you so very much for joining our 'White on White' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning! Thanks so much for joining us at BBTB2
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is a super cute white on white card Katrina! I love the skates and the embossing folder!! I have had a few flurries, but that is it in the snow department. Your card has taken me back to when our boys were little and we would take them ice skating down at our pond. We'd go in the day and at night. At night we would build a fire to sit around in between skating. Such fun!! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Katrina. Love the skates. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card !! The embossing is perfect , and the ice skates are amazing !! Thank you so much for sharing with us at BBTB2 !!

    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, everyone. Not thinking snow tonight! It's more like Oz in the midwest Hope everyone is safe with all the tornados, high winds, and flooding that happened today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea to make the skates with the white on white challenge. I love the embossing, also. Such a pretty card! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty. Especially like how you laced the Ice Skates. Last wk I made the Football card & laced it with white ribbon. Just came from Bitten By The Bug 2 and your Ice Skate card is the winner in the White on White Ch. Congrats! I like to Ice Skate. I have the Winter Woodland cartridge and will have to give this a try.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone! I love all the inspiration from BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card congrats on the bbtb award

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how cute! Love those skates! Brings back lots of fun ice skating memories from when I was a kid. Thanks for playing along with H2H, Katrina!

    ReplyDelete