Monday, November 18, 2013

"I" said the Donkey, shaggy and brown!

This Christmas card was made for my therapeutic horsemanship students.

I started with CTMH Champagne card base.  I'm not sure what the textured cardstock is because I had it all loose by color!  I smudged the tan rectangle with CTMH Topiary and New England green inks.  I stamped the letters with Fiskars Bold Alpha in New England green.

That sweet Donkey was cut from A Quilted Christmas cartridge.  The sentiment is from CTMH Very Merry Christmas.  The bow?  You guessed it --my bag of ribbon!


On the inside I printed the donkey verse from The Friendly Beasts.   I always loved that song as a child and still to this day envision the nativity with all the animals standing by quietly munching on hay!


Over at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog is the Animal Cracker Challenge.  So, my shaggy brown donkey is trotting on over there!

4 comments:

  1. Very cute and different! I love the poem. I'm sure your students will love it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is a really unique card, but it sounds just perfect for the recipient! Thanks for joining FCCB's "animal crackers" challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your donkey and the verse. Thanks for linking up to our challenge at FCCB. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat card! The donkey image is great, and goes perfectly with the verse. Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete