Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Sponges ~~ Not just for barn work anymore!

The challenge over at Heart 2 Heart is to use a sponging technique!   I've never sponged a paper product before.  I'll admit to using an old washcloth, baby wipes, and the edge of an old barn T that I may be wearing, but I've not done any sponging on paper!

That means I had to go down to the kitchen/laundry room to see if I had any sponges I had not used to apply conditioner to reins, saddles, boots, etc.  I finally found a sponge under the sink in the kitchen that looked new......we'll say it's new...

I ventured back up to the craft room where I now needed to decide what to do with this sponge.  Hmmm.......  think...... think,,,,,, think some more.


Sitting over in the corner was lace we had used in a backdrop from Katie's wedding.  It was already torn into strips, so I decided to cut a piece from one of the strips, tape the corners down to a piece of Daisy White cardstock and sponge over it with Holiday Red.

Ok, this was sort of fun, but what next?  I thought about the Partridge and Pear paper I had left over from last year.  Ah, but now the white cardstock didn't work for me.  I took another piece of my sponge and sponged over the red with Chocolate and then distressed the edges.

The sentiment is from the CTMH Very Merry Christmas stamp set.  The Blush ribbon strip is CTMH Color Ready Seam Binding with Blush ink.  The bow is actually "vintage" CTMH ribbon.

The little berries with the partridge are really the cream Mocha Gems colored with Hollyhock pigment ink.  (Oh, my!  I just saw CTMH is retiring the Mocha Gems.  I don't know if I can make something without using one of those little gems!  Have I mentioned how I feel about those?  I have?  A million times?  I better stock up on those!)  The sparkle gem is also CTMH and it's from the Sparkles Brown and Tan.

So there it is, my "take" on sponging!  Now, the next time I need a sponge for house work, I won't have one.  Oh, darn!  Guess I'll just have to skip the house work and either work in the barn or come up to the craft table!  ; )




3 comments:

  1. Your improvisation created a gorgeous background! I am thrilled that we inspired you to try something new. Thanks for sponging with us @ H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Learning new techniques is fun! So glad you decided to give sponging in a new way a try! Lovely card! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great technique, I love it! Thanks for joining us at H2H

    ReplyDelete