Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm sure at this point everyone has finished the "paper" preparations and have proceeded to the food and entertaining portions of Thanksgiving!  I'm sharing one last card for the occasion!

This card was put together with some scraps left over from other projects as a last minute card.  Everything was laying on the desk!

I started with CTMH Champagne cardstock as the base.  I then used a piece of Huntington paper and layered Barn Red over that.  The Poster Tidings fall sentiment is stamped in CTMH Sunflower (old name for the color, maybe that is comparable to Honey), Chocolate, Barn Red and New England Ivy.

The leaves are cut from the CTMH Artiste and Artbooking cartridges out of Autumn Terra Cotta, Honey, and Sweet Leaf cardstocks.  I inked the edges in Holiday Red and Chocolate.  I turned up the edges of leaves and adhered them with glue dots.

I embellished with a tiny scrap of gold tulle-like fabric that was laying on the desk and some embroidery floss.

Sending this over to Grateful Challenge at Heart 2 Heart.

Wishing everyone a happy and safe Thanksgiving coupled with a festive beginning to Advent!  Time for me to get out the blue cardstock & Frosted Paper quickly followed by the festive reds, greens and Sparkle and Shine Papers!



2 comments:

  1. Your rainbow ink technique is so beautiful! At H2H, we are thankful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you just used that tulle on your desk! I think I leave things out just to do that, lol! Gorgeous colors and super inking technique, Katrina! Thankful you joined us at H2H this month! :)

    ReplyDelete