Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Sept 1st!

Well, it's finally here!  It's September 1st and that means the new Annual Inspirations Idea Book is Live!  Wait, that's not all......the Holiday Expressions Book is also available!!  Yes, that means the beautiful holiday collections are ready for you:  Fall/Halloween and Christmas/Winter!  

I want to add if you love the Stamp of the Month deal, don't fret!  CTMH still offers that and the next months will not disappoint.  However, you will not find them in the Annual Inspirations Idea Book.  You will find them in the Holiday Expressions Book.  

You can electronically flip through the pages of both books at my site.  Would you like a hard copy of these books?  The first 3 crafters to place an order from my site in September will receive a special gift and both books from me!


Here is my first Watercolor card using the September Stamp of the Month!  

Wow, CTMH now has watercolors!  They are beautiful; it doesn't take much paint to give you a smooth, lovely color!

This card started out on Watercolor paper (....hey, did I mention CTMH now has that?  It's true, they do!) Using Versa Mark ink and black embossing powder,  I heat embossed the flower and sentiment.

I used  another flower from this stamp set to put in the texture with Sweet Leaf ink.  I distressed the edges of the paper and unwrapped the watercolors!  I used the colors that closest resembled Sweet Leaf and Pacifica because I wanted to send this card over to Color My Heart.

I used some threads from a strip of Burlap Ribbon I had cut for another project to tie it up!

I backed it with a piece of Kraft paper I had embossed with a CTMH Floral folder.  It all sits on a card base of Colonial White.

My plan for this card is an anniversary card.

Thanks so much for stopping in today!  I'll be showing more new items this month, so please subscribe to follow if you are interested!  As always, make yourself at home here and peruse the other posts, ask a question, comment, contact me, shop at my site, or simply take away an idea!  That's why I'm here!  Make it a scrappy day!


4 comments:

  1. I love this stamp set and your card has a lot of texture. My daughter is doing a lot of water coloring and I want to use some of those techniques...just ordered my water coloring pallette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Love the embossed background paper peeking through. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at SIWAS blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Love the texture and the watercolor background. Thank you for playing along with Color My Heart.

    ReplyDelete