Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Tues Tutorial / Idea Share: Using and REusing Those Stamps!

I was reading a blog recently where a woman shared her thoughts on stamps.  She continued to say she only uses a stamp a few times before she has little use for it.  As I looked at the hoard of stamps in my craft room, some stained from so much use, I couldn't grasp the 1 -2 time use of a stamp!

Then I started thinking about different ways to reuse those stamps to make them "new" again.  I want to share some of the ideas I have used in the past.

This cute little girl and bunny are from the retired set called Some Bunny.  Obvious choice was to use this for an Easter setting.  You can read more about the card at Vintage Easter.

Below you can see an example of how I made her into a Mother's Day Card, Happy Mother's Day, by replacing the eggs with a flower stamp from the Valentine's stamp set Wild About Love.  You can see the fox holding it in his paws to the right.

If you would like to read details of either card, please click the names of the cards.
.
Here is of one of my favorite CTMH stamps: I've had it for years.  Here are a few examples of how I have used it.

Card with a bookmark no link for this one!

Cowgirl's Memories
Very recently, Say Good Bye to Crush Books
Here I curved the sentiment and colored my cowgirl for a different look.


Finally, my card for today uses that same old stamp, Yeehaw!

This time I stamped her on a shape from Art Philosophy.  I wanted this to be a sort of mixed medium card rich in texture.  The cut on this card base reminded me of braided leather reins!  I added CTMH Baker's Twine & Burlap and a stamped background for texture.  To keep it from being a little dark, I added gold ink and gold sequins from my stash.  I think I got these to decorate Christmas tags back in the 1980's!  Ok, now you're really not surprised I keep and use my stamps over and over, are you?  hahaha

Thanks for joining me for my Idea Share today!  I'm glad you dropped by to visit ScrappyHorses.  Please, make yourself at home!

My cowgirl is cantering off to:

Mixed Media World:  Gorgeous Textures
613 Avenue Create:  Optional Twist - CYOC:  A2, Thinking of You, gold, sequins, and burlap
Pile It On:  Friends/Friendly Hello

Hey, I almost forgot......It's Sept 1st!  The new CTMH Idea Book is released today!  Yay!!!!!  You can check out all the new products, ideas, colors, papers, tools, etc at my site:  ScrappyHorses.ctmh.com! If you have any questions, please contact me using the form up and to the right under my picture.  Also, please check out my CTMH Special Promotions Tab at the top of this post; I have a special going on to celebrate the release of the new Idea Books!


4 comments:

  1. super cute...love this image...thanks for sharing at pile it on

    ReplyDelete
  2. Burlap is a fantastic way of adding texture to your cards! Fab work! Thank you very much for sharing it with us at Mixed Media World! Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  3. FUN Card!! I loved your ideas for using the stamps.. I am guilty of needing to work on doing this more often! ;)
    Thank You for joining us last week at PIO!
    Hope to see you again soon!!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the burlap. Beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us at Mixed Media World.

    With smiles
    Laine K
    DT MMW

    ReplyDelete