Monday, September 14, 2015

You've Got a Friend.....


This canvas piece was made for a little guy in my PATCH by Design program.  Each year we have a banquet and small show for the kids to share what they have been doing with the horses.  The show includes in-hand patterns, riding patterns, and a musical freestyle with a miniature horse!  The freestyle is probably the highlight of the show.  The kids get to choose their own music and dress in costume if they choose.  They make up their own pattern with a miniature horse.

This project started with paper and stencil designs from CTMH.  The stencils were cut from acetate alternative using the Artbooking Cartridge.  I used CTMH inks over the stencils to match the papers.  These particular papers were a special promotion back in the spring of 2014--Free to be Me.  No, I confess, I didn't remember that title and date......had to look that one up!  Sometimes it's good to be a paper hoarder since this was so perfect for the cowboy/toy look!

Woody and Bullseye were cut using Cricut Print and Cut.  I imported them, print them on glossy photo paper for a shiny look and cut with the Cricut.

They are galloping off to these fun challenges:

Fantabulous Cricut Challenge;  Kids
Bitten by the Bug 2:  Use an Imaginary Character
Scrap It With a Song:  Use a song used by one of the amazing DT Members on the blog hop!

Always good to have you drop by ScrappyHorses!  Make yourself at home and check out my pages above; visit my site ScrappyHorses.ctmh.com for a little shopping or the latest CTMH videos; leave me comments, questions or suggestions for blogposts/Tuesday Shares and Tutorials; contact me; or simply hang out for a while reading about some other posts.

Of course, you are always welcome to see the newest happenings over at PATCH by Design, also!  We're getting ready for our Pumpkin Patch Fall Classic!  Too much fun!!

17 comments:

  1. I love this layout and in particular I love that Free to be Me paper...I have just a couple scraps left and I like to use them with Pooh's family because the colors coordinate so well with the character's colors. I saw that you did a draw and cut with Cricut. I have tried this and not getting anywhere with it. Do you do two characters, one smaller than the other, and then have the smaller one be printed, and then the larger one the cut. Tutorial on this would be excellent. Or if you can email me at momrey200431@msn.com with some quick instructions maybe I can accomplish this. And is there any requirement on what type of file you should use to upload to cricut?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Sue! I uploaded a video and have it working on my blog, or you can see it on YouTube. I hope it answers some of your questions on how I do this. If you checked it earlier and it wasn't working, please check again. I think it's good now! Technology……..fun when we figure it out! hahaha

      Delete
  2. Fantastic layout Katrina!! Love Woody and Bullseye and all of the great colors!! Thank you so very much for joining our 'Let Your Imagination Run Wild Challenge' at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so adorable!! I love your stenciling and the papers you used. The title is perfect with Woody and Bullseye! I love this layout!! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool!!! Love it!
    Thank you for joining us at FCCB!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is AWESOME!!! You definitely nailed this challenge. Thank you for joining us at BBTB2. You really put a lot if work into this. Kudos!!! -DT Kelly Plamondon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katrina, this is adorable! I love your layout and the page title! Now I cannot get the song out of my head! LOL I wonder if it will be an all day thing - oh well, if it is, it will be a happy thing and remind me of your blog LOL Darling in every way. Love all the happy colors and pretty stenciling! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your layout is awesome Katrina! Love the way you used the Artbooking Cartridge to cut the stencils. I have that cartridge but never have used it for a stencil. May have to try it. Thank you so much for playing along with Scrap It With A Song. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute and creative!!! Thanks for joining us at SIWAS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh gosh! How Sweet! adorably CUTE Layout!!! :) Have a great day!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  10. absolutely spectacular project.... wow - love the background and the characters you used. thanks for joining our bbtb2 challenge. You roped in a winner!

    maureen

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really so sweet! Thanks for playing with us at SIWAS, I really like your canvas

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful layout Katrina! Thanks to joining us for our blog hop at SIWAS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that bright colors and how you worked with the movie characters in the Lay Out! Thank you for playing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such fun. Love print and cut!!! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a bright and colorful page! Thanks for playing at our bloghop at SIWAS !!! Hope to see you back !

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great layout!!! I love all the little peices!!! Especially the toy story ones!!! Great job!!
    Thanks for play at FCCB!!!

    ReplyDelete