Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Cricut Changes, Doodling, & Colors


My guy needed a couple of Thank You cards to send, so off to the craft desk I went!  

I used the colors for this week's Color My Heart Challenge. For the first card,  I stamped with pigment ink using the September Stamp of the Month.  I heat embossed and then rubbed the Goldrush ink over the cardstock.  I doodled around the edges with a Sharpie and added the stem and some simple leaves.  I adhered it to black cardstock.  The ribbon was dyed with the ink colors and wrapped around the black.  I adhered that to Goldrush CS and then to a black card base.  The thanks sentiment is from the Pathfinding Workshop on the Go.  I cut a couple of flowers in black from the Artiste cartridge and stamped them with White Daisy pigment ink.
 My second card was really easy!  I sponged the Goldrush over the top 2/3 and rubbed my pigment ink over the bottom 1/3.  I then stamped with Archival Black using the September Stamp of the Month:  Paper Garden.  I really like this Stamp Set!  The sentiment is again from the Pathfinding Cardmaking Workshop.


These cards are off to:

Color My Heart
Heart 2 Heart:  Doodling







Ok, now about Cricut Design Space, if you've been on today you have noticed some changes!  I want to share my favorite change with you.  We no longer have to search for images we have already used on a project.  The name of the image and cartridge are available in the Layer panel!  Yay......I'll explain more about this in a quick video tonight!  Again, said video will be ugly and unprofessional, but you'll get the point, I'm sure.  

Thanks for coming by to visit!  As always, make yourself at home and check out other posts /pages, shop at ScrappyHorses.ctmh.com, leave me comments /ideas /questions, or contact me.  I'm always happy to hear from you!


10 comments:

  1. Both cards are really gorgeous, Katrina! I love the Paper Garden set and you showed just how versatile this set can be! Thanks for entering the Color Dare challenge this week.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards...especially the SOTM one. I wasn't sure about the color combination but there are a lot of nice cards in the challenge. I want to use the September SOTM but can't decide how I will use it...maybe next week's challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how Pretty Katrina! Both cards are so lovely! :)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are beautiful! Thank you for playing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful impressionistic backgrounds, Katrina! Both cards are lovely. Thanks for joining the Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your doodling idea for the H2H Challenge. It's so subtle but still there - terrific. The colour choices are fabulous! Thanks for sharing your creations with us at Heart 2 Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty cards. Thanks for sharing with us at Heart 2 Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your Diamond Winner for Color Dare on this one, well deserved and really the top of all entrants.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning, I love the colours! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H)!

    Brandi R
    DT member H2H
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. The color combination is stunning! The doodling adds a great accent detail! Glad you played along at Heart2Heart!

    ReplyDelete